On this page you will find an outline that you can print out, write in the extra's, and have a talk ready to give. Or copy and paste it into a word document and type the content. It's made for a talk that is only a few minutes in length and I had in mind youth and children to use it, but it would work for any age as a basis for a talk. It is specifically for talks of a religious nature, to be given in church, at home, a bible school, sunday school, or any kind of religious class.
1. Never start a talk with "The subject of my talk is......."
2. Adjust the microphone before you begin talking. Place it just below the level of your chin so your face is not being covered up.
3. Start right in with the story or start with an attention-getting question or statement.
4. Have an outline of your talk with the basics of what you will say written down and right in front of you.Does this prevent you from following the guidance of the spirit? No. You can add or subtract when you are actually speaking - that's why a basic outline is better than word for word written down.
5. Children under about age ten should be helped to memorize their talks. Find something very short if the child is young. Firstly, memorizing is good for growing brains, it makes for a smoother presentation and they feel great about themselves when the talk is over and have accomplished this successfully by themselves. Everyone else should practice a few times in front of a mirror, or family.
6. Talk to the audience, not to your paper. Make eye contact with lots of people in the audience.
7. Nerves getting to you? Take a few deep breaths before you get up, and a few more before you start to talk. If you are rushing thru, then you cannot feel the spirit prompting you, so keep your legs, arms, fingers, shoulders loose, take a breath, smile and see the faces of those that love you.
8. When anyone gives a compliment on the good job that you did, don't apologize or say, "oh, I thought it was terrible." Just say, "thank you," and smile.
Go to the
Creating and Using|
|About me and
My other webpages
|Tips for Talks||Home|